Asian Pasta Salad
Submitted by RWSTOTZ
2 ½ cups broccoli florets
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 8 strips
1 1/3 cups (4 oz) mushrooms, cut in half
2 TBSP olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 pkg (9 oz) fresh linguine pasta
½ cup bottled red-wine vinaigrette
2 TBSP reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 TBSP minced fresh ginger
2 tsp minced garlic
½ cup packed basil leaves, cut in thin strips
1/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put vegetables, oil, salt and pepper in a roasting pan ; toss to m ix and coat. Spread in a single layer. Roast, stirring once, 25 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
2. Meanwhile, cut chicken breasts into strips, salt and pepper, and sauté in a little
oil until cooked thoroughly.
3. Cook pasta as package directs and mix vinaigrette, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a large serving bowl.
4. Drain pasta well. Add to serving bowl and toss to coat. Stir in roasted vegetables and basil until well mixed. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Serves 4 -
1. I didn't have cauliflower so I used snow peas, which were excellent.
2. I sautéed 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips) and added to mixture, to make this an entrée, not just a salad.
3. I didn't have fresh basil so I used dry.
4. This makes an AWESOME cold salad as well!
5. We've also served this dish with scallops and it was fantastic